Monday, September 9, 2013

Intro to Handmade Musical Instruments

Hi there!I was invited to speak about my handmade musical instruments using coconut shells and other found objects on September 10, 2013 at 4:00 in the afternoon.

Venue is at University of the Philippines, College of Music, Annex 226. The colloquium is open to all students and faculty members of UP Diliman. See you UP! :-)

















This is my handmade cocokalimba which won the first Mochiko's HandmadeExchange last February. I joined the contest to win the prize as a gift for my wife's birthday. :-)




















Goblet drum made of coconut shell and abaka rope. I made this for my son Dylan.

By the way, we are releasing a new track soon! In the meantime, you can listen to some of our tracks on SoundCloud. We'd like to invite you to join our mailing list also for fresh updates and free stuff.   Thanks again!

Truly yours,
Cris
For Gentle Universe


No comments:

Post a Comment